U.S. News has just released its 2022 rankings of the best full-time and part-time MBA programs. The rankings are based on surveys sent out to the 486 business schools with master’s-level business programs in the US, accredited by AACSB International.
According to Poets & Quants, unlike the Economist and the Financial Times, only the U.S. News list ranks all the major U.S. business schools. All the M7 business schools opted out of the Economist’s ranking, and five of the M7 chose not to participate in the Financial Times ranking.
Of the 486 business schools that received surveys, 364 replied, and 143 supplied sufficient data and had large enough 2020 graduating classes looking for employment for valid comparisons. Schools were ranked in eight areas. The data collected was standardized in order to compare them with the mean and standard deviations of other schools. U.S. News weighted and added the indicator standardized scores (z-scores) and gave the top school a score of 100. The remaining schools received a percentage of the highest score. The final ranking is in descending order based on these scores. MBA specialties were also ranked again this year.
Highlights of the 2022 MBA Ranking
These were some of the significant changes in the full-time MBA rankings:
- Stanford University and University of Pennsylvania (Wharton) retained their first and second place rankings this year. Stanford was able to do this despite dropping in four of the specialty MBA rankings.
- Harvard Business School crept up to fifth place from last year’s sixth, which was its lowest position ever in the U.S. News ranking.
- Dartmouth College (Tuck) advanced two spots and unseated New York University (Stern) to take the number ten spot.
Part-time business school rankings also showed some movement:
- University of Chicago (Booth), University of California, Berkeley (Haas), and Northwestern University (Kellogg) maintained their leading spots in the top three positions.
- Carnegie Mellon University (Tepper) (eighth last year) and University of Texas, Austin (McCombs) (seventh last year) exchanged places and share the seventh spot.
- Indiana University (Kelley) is a newcomer to the top ten this year, taking the spot from Emory University (Goizueta).
U.S. News 2022 Top 10 Full-Time MBA Programs
|1||Stanford University||Stanford, CA|
|2||University of Pennsylvania (Wharton)||Philadelphia, PA|
|3||University of Chicago (Booth)||Chicago, IL|
|4||Northwestern University (Kellogg)||Evanston, IL|
|5||Harvard University||Boston, MA|
|5||Massachusetts Institute of Technology (Sloan)||Cambridge, MA|
|7||Columbia University||New York, NY|
|7||University of California, Berkeley (Haas)||Berkeley, CA|
|9||Yale University||New Haven, CT|
|10||Dartmouth College (Tuck)||Hanover, NH|
U.S. News 2022 Top 10 Part-Time MBA Programs
|1||University of Chicago (Booth)||Chicago, IL|
|2||University of California, Berkeley (Haas)||Berkeley, CA|
|3||Northwestern University (Kellogg)||Evanston, IL|
|4||New York University (Stern)||New York, NY|
|5||University of California, Los Angeles (Anderson)||Los Angeles, CA|
|6||University of Michigan, Ann Arbor (Ross)||Ann Arbor, MI|
|7||Carnegie Mellon University (Tepper)||Pittsburgh, PA|
|7||University of Texas, Austin (McCombs)||Austin, TX|
|9||University of Southern California (Marshall)||Los Angeles, CA|
|10||Indiana University (Kelley)||Bloomington, IN|
Hoping to start business school in 2022 at one of these top-ranked programs? Check out our MBA Admissions Consulting & Editing Services and work one-on-one with an expert consultant to create an application that will get you ACCEPTED!For 25 years, Accepted has helped business school applicants gain acceptance to top programs. Our outstanding team of MBA admissions consultants features former business school admissions directors and professional writers who have guided our clients to admission at top MBA, EMBA, and other graduate business programs worldwide including Harvard, Stanford, Wharton, Booth, INSEAD, London Business School, and many more. Want an MBA admissions expert to help you get Accepted? Click here to get in touch!