Poets & Quants just released its 2019-2020 rankings of the top 100 U.S. MBA programs.
There were some minor changes in the top 10 – most prominently is Stanford GSB climbing two spots, passing Harvard Business School and UPenn Wharton, to claim the #1 position. It’s the second time in 10 years that Stanford has claimed the top slot.
Other highlights include:
- Yale School of Management just barely broke into the top 10 by securing 10th place.
- Purdue’s Krannert School of Management dropped 10 spots from last year, from 38th to 48th.
- Fordham’s Gabelli School of Business jumped 12 spots from 62nd place last year to 50th.
- UC San Diego’s Rady School of Management experienced a massive jump, from 94th to 71st place.
P&Q ranking methodology
P&Q’s rankings are based on the rankings of five highly-influential business publications, and are weighted based on P&Q’s assessment of each ranking’s methodology and credibility. The five included in P&Q’s ranking are U.S. News (weight of 35%), Forbes (25%), The Financial Times (15%), Businessweek (15%), and The Economist (10%). Combining the rankings in this way lessens the irregularities that are frequently seen in a given year. This allows applicants to get a better idea of a school’s overall reputation, which typically changes little from year to year.
Top 25 U.S. MBA Programs
|2019 Rank||School Name||2018 Rank||Index|
|3||Harvard Business School||1||99.2|
|8||Columbia Business School||7||94.8|
|16||New York Stern||16||87.6|
|17||Carnegie Mellon Tepper||17||84.5|
|19||Southern California Marshall||22||82.5|
|20||North Carolina Kenan-Flagler||19||82.5|
Watch: Linda Abraham and Marco de Novellis discuss MBA rankings
Do you want to be a member of a top-tier MBA program? Explore our MBA Admissions Consulting Services and work one-on-one with an expert advisor who will help you GET ACCEPTED!For 25 years, Accepted has helped business school applicants gain acceptance to top programs. Our outstanding team of MBA admissions consultants features former business school admissions directors and professional writers who have guided our clients to admission at top MBA, EMBA, and other graduate business programs worldwide including Harvard, Stanford, Wharton, Booth, INSEAD, London Business School, and many more. Want an MBA admissions expert to help you get Accepted? Click here to get in touch!
• The Ultimate Guide to Becoming a Competitive MBA Applicant, a free guide
• Business School Selectivity Index [Can I Get Into My Dream School?]
• Highlights of Bloomberg Businessweek’s 2019 MBA Rankings