If you are a doctor (or will be one day), you’ve probably heard all sorts of myths about doctors and finance.
Enter Dr. James Dahle, the White Coat Investor and your “colleague in the physician’s lounge who can tell you how the world really works.”
Listen to the recording of our talk with Dr. Dahle to hear his views on successful financial strategy for doctors and future doctors.
00:03:09 – Why Jim joined the military and became an emergency medicine doctor.
00:06:36 – Sick of getting ripped off: How the White Coat Investor site got started.
00:10:29 – The bad financial experience that broke this camel’s back.
00:11:36 – Income vs. wealth and how to make yourself wealthy.
00:12:48 – Advice for premeds: Get accepted to medical school.
00:14:49 – Featured Applicant Question: Should I attend the med school I was accepted to or pursue a Masters and reapply to my dream school next year?
00:17:11 – The best financial move for medical school students.
00:19:32 – Important steps that residents can take to shape their financial futures.
00:21:25 – The optimal time to become financially literate.
00:24:47 – Set yourself up for financial success, but do work that you’d do for free.
*Theme music is courtesy of podcastthemes.com
• Medical School Admissions 101
• Residency Admissions 101
• Tuition-Free Medical School: Everything You Need to Know
• Accepted’s Medical School Admissions Consulting Services
• Get into University of Washington Medical School
• Why Should Medical School Take Four Years?
• The Military: One Way to Get an MD Debt-Free
• The Importance of Teaching Management in Medical School
• Promoting Financial Health for Doctors