Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Android | Stitcher | TuneIn
Consulting is one of the hottest destinations for b-school graduates and is becoming increasingly popular for PhD and grad students. If you dream of McKinsey, Bain, and BCG, then this show is for you.
Listen to the recording of our conversation with Michael Boricki, Managing Partner at Firmsconsulting, for the lowdown on this very unique firm and excellent advice for consulting hopefuls.
00:02:18 – A consultant’s journey.
00:05:20 – Michael’s definition of “ethical behavior.”
00:07:06 – What makes Firmsconsulting different.
00:09:03 – The (very cool) services and application process.
00:13:53 – Case interview coaching and the secret to Firmsconsulting’s success.
00:18:39 – Free resources for the uncommitted.
00:22:20 – A strong social theme: The Emerging Fellows Program.
00:26:05 – What personal qualities make good management consultants?
00:30:25 – Advice for a recent college grad who hopes for a future at Bain or McKinsey.
00:33:22 – What a first year MBA should do (and NOT do) to prepare for a consulting job.
00:36:14 – $300,000 for a McKinsey interview: Do you need to go to HBS, Wharton or INSEAD to land a top consulting job?
00:43:03 – Counterintuitive advice for aspiring consultants.
*Theme music is courtesy of podcastthemes.com.
• Special Reports Library
• HBS Graduate Discusses Path to McKinsey & BCG
• Introduction to Consulting: Interview Video with Kevin
• Interview with Sanda: On Joining McKinsey, BCG et al
• Podcast about Sveta: From Siberia’s Winter Plains to an Elite University
• Firmsconsulting Documentary: On the Edge
• Case Interview Secrets and More with Victor Cheng
• Business, Law and Beyond: An Interview with John Engelman
• MBAs Across America: Entrepreneurs with a Heart
• Is a PhD a Good Idea?
• Non-Academic Careers for PhDs: A Talk with Dr. Paula Chambers
Subscribe to Admissions Straight Talk: