For more information, listen to the full recording of our podcast interview with Kathleen Gregg, Regional Manager of Clinical Information Managers for Emergency Medical Associates, a physician management company that employs approximately 270 CIMs.
00:02:54 – What do scribes actually do?
00:05:26 – The educational qualifications and personal qualities a CIM needs to have.
00:07:24 – Don’t just go through the motions. Make your work matter.
00:10:36 – Stress and relationships: Kathleen’s worst and favorite parts of CIMhood.
00:12:12 – Does the clinical exposure of a CIM come at the expense of hours of boredom?
00:13:52 – What CIMs who have gone on to med school say about the experience.
00:16:31 – When a CIM decides not to go to med school.
00:18:56 – They’re everywhere! Scribes outside of the ER.
00:19:56 – Will a certification be necessary for CIMs in the future?
00:22:13 – EMA’s training program for new CIMs.
*Theme music is courtesy of podcastthemes.com.
• Navigating the Med School Maze, tips to help you apply successfully to medical school.
• A Second Chance at Medical School: The A-Z of Applying to Postbac Programs
• Medical School Reapplicant Advice: 6 Tips for Success
• Emergency Medical Associates
• Clinical Information Managers/Scribes at EMA
• Behind the Curtain: A Day in the Life of an ED Scribe