Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Android | Stitcher | TuneIn
If you are on the road to med school, you’ve probably heard of AMSA, the American Medical Student Association – the largest independent association of doctors-to-be in the USA.
Listen to the recording of our conversation with Britani Kessler, National President of AMSA, for more information about what the organization does, and how you can get involved.
00:03:02 – Not because ‘My dad is a doctor’: Britani’s journey to her MD
00:04:54 – Why the osteopathic route?
00:07:26 – ‘Premed student, come to an AMSA meeting’ – The beginning of Britani’s AMSA journey.
00:10:20 – Britani’s goals as National President of AMSA.
00:14:38 – AMSA’s advocacy work.
00:18:55 – Who decides what AMSA stands for?
00:20:21 – The National Convention: What it is and who its for.
00:23:27 – Big meded changes of the future.
00:27:21 – Advice for future M.D.s and D.O.s.
*Theme music is courtesy of podcastthemes.com.
• Ace Your AMCAS Essay
• American Medical Students Association (AMSA)
• Navigating the Med School Maze, tips to help you apply successfully to medical school.
• Med School Without the MCAT
• All About AMSA and the Premed Journey
• MCAT Scores, MCAT Prep, and MCAT2015
• What You Need to Know About Post-bac Programs
• A Window into the World and Life of Medical Scribes
• Med School Application Process: AMCAS, Secondaries, Interviews, Decisions & More!
• What You Need to Know About Med School Admissions