Listen to the full recording of our podcast interview with Arthur Ahn, Senior Manager, Product Development at Kaplan Test Prep for the GRE and the GMAT for some great insight into test prep, test taking and what matters to admissions committees.
00:01:00 – Linda answers the oft-asked question: “I got accepted to School X. Should I attend?”
00:05:03 – The test prep biz: Instructing students, but not as the enemy.
00:06:23 – What Kaplan offers future GMAT and GRE test-takers.
00:08:28 – GMAT vs GRE: Differences in prepping & test taking.
00:16:04 – Why a low GRE score is the biggest application killer (by far).
00:22:31 – Is it the total GRE Score, or section scores, that make it or break it.
00:28:32 – Arthur’s top 3 GRE prep tips.
00:30:34 – How to make the big GMAT vs GRE decision.
00:34:20 – Too early to assess: Do applicants with lower scores have a better chance of admissions with one test over the other?
00:39:12 – Why most b-schools don’t really care yet about GMAT IR section scores.
00:47:25 – Last minute advice for exam takers.
*Theme music is courtesy of podcastthemes.com.
• Kaplan Survey: Two Years After its Launch, a Majority of Business Schools Still Not Sold on the Importance of the GMAT’s® Integrated Reasoning Section; Most Deem it Unimportant, but Students Ignore it at their Own Risk
• What’s the Biggest Graduate School Admissions Application Killer? A Low GRE® Score, According to Kaplan’s 2014 Survey of Admissions Officers
• GRE® Test Takers Are Successful in MBA Programs
• Kaplan GRE Prep on Twitter
• Kaplan GMAT Prep on Twitter