Listen to the recording of our entertaining and informative conversation for excellent advice and insights from a medical school insider.
00:02:56 – Joshua’s journey to Tennessee and medical school.
00:06:23 – Parallels between medicine & music (this is great).
00:08:38 – Benefits of being a non-traditional applicant.
00:14:16 – Why East Tennessee?
00:18:39 – Enjoying life in the process of getting into med school.
00:22:16 – ‘Its not as bad as everybody made it out to be’ and other surprises about medical school.
00:25:49 – Is gross anatomy gross?
00:29:56 – Interacting with patients as an M1.
00:41:08 – Advice for admitted med students.
00:43:25 – Tips for med school applicants.
*Theme music is courtesy of podcastthemes.com.
• Journeys with Joshua
• Med School Blogger Interview: Joshua’s Journey
• “I’m Pre-Med, and I’m Going to be a Surgeon” – How to Not be THAT Guy.
• Create a Compelling AMCAS Application, a webinar
• A Second Chance at Medical School: The A-Z of Applying to Postbac Programs
• Ace Your AMCAS Essay
• Secondary Essay Strategies that Score Interviews, a webinar
• @mtnmedstudent on Twitter
• MCAT Mania: How to Prepare
• MCAT Scores, MCAT Prep, and MCAT2015
• What You Need to Know About Post-bac Programs
• A Window into the World and Life of Medical Scribes
• Med School Application Process: AMCAS, Secondaries, Interviews, Decisions & More!
• All About AMSA and the Premed Journey