Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Android | Stitcher | TuneIn
Former songwriter, future doctor, Joshua Wienczkowski has a thing or two to say about the med school admissions process and the med school experience.
Listen to the recording of our entertaining and informative conversation for excellent advice and insights from a medical school insider.
00:02:56 – Joshua’s journey to Tennessee and medical school.
00:06:23 – Parallels between medicine & music (this is great).
00:08:38 – Benefits of being a non-traditional applicant.
00:14:16 – Why East Tennessee?
00:18:39 – Enjoying life in the process of getting into med school.
00:22:16 – ‘Its not as bad as everybody made it out to be’ and other surprises about medical school.
00:25:49 – Is gross anatomy gross?
00:29:56 – Interacting with patients as an M1.
00:41:08 – Advice for admitted med students.
00:43:25 – Tips for med school applicants.
*Theme music is courtesy of podcastthemes.com.
• Journeys with Joshua
• Med School Blogger Interview: Joshua’s Journey
• “I’m Pre-Med, and I’m Going to be a Surgeon” – How to Not be THAT Guy.
• Create a Compelling AMCAS Application, a webinar
• A Second Chance at Medical School: The A-Z of Applying to Postbac Programs
• Ace Your AMCAS Essay
• Secondary Essay Strategies that Score Interviews, a webinar
• @mtnmedstudent on Twitter
• MCAT Mania: How to Prepare
• MCAT Scores, MCAT Prep, and MCAT2015
• What You Need to Know About Post-bac Programs
• A Window into the World and Life of Medical Scribes
• Med School Application Process: AMCAS, Secondaries, Interviews, Decisions & More!
• All About AMSA and the Premed Journey