Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Android | Stitcher | TuneIn
Ever wanted to ask a medical school admissions officer what you need to know and do to get accepted to med school?
Listen to the recording of our conversation with Dr. Herman “Flash” Gordon, former chair of the University of Arizona College of Medicine Admissions Committee and Accepted’s newest consultant for invaluable advice about applying to med school.
00:03:43 – When reviewing an application, what is an adcom looking for?
00:06:35 – Advice for this year’s med school applicants who aren’t getting interview invites.
00:14:05 – Tips for the bright-eyed and bushy-tailed applicants planning to apply for the first time next summer.
00:16:22 – Latecomers: should they bother applying at the 11th hour or wait for next year?
00:19:21 – What sets the University of Arizona apart.
00:25:39 – How an MD/PhD application differs from an MD application.
00:27:07 – Background and tips for the Multiple Mini Interview (and yes, you should practice!).
00:35:17 – Teaching Critical Thinking Skills and Dr. Gordon’s app.
00:44:11 – Important advice for future doctors.
*Theme music is courtesy of podcastthemes.com.
• U of Arizona MMI
• Medical School Admissions 101
• Herman “Flash” Gordon’s Bio
• Free Webinar: Multiple Mini Interview – Method or Madness?
• Med School Application Process: From AMCAS to Decisions
• What You Need to Know about Med School Admissions
• What You Need to Know About Post-bac Programs
• MCAT Mania: How to Prepare
• A Window into the World and Life of Medical Scribes
Subscribe to Admissions Straight Talk: