I am swamped at this time of year with clients facing early January deadlines so I decided to end 2019 with one of our most popular shows of the year, my interview with Accepted’s own Cydney Foote, who started advising Accepted’s med school clients to acceptance way back in 2001.
For you medical school applicants aiming for a summer 2020 application, and hopefully a June 2020 application, pull up a chair. Cyd walks you through the process including:
- How should you choose where to apply?
- How many schools should you apply to?
- What’s the difference between the personal statement, the MMEs and the activity descriptions?
- How to approach secondary applications?
- What about non-traditional applicants?
- What are your top Interview tips
- Should you take a gap year?
And she even has advice for 3rd year med students planning to apply this summer to residency programs.
I again want to thank you for listening to the podcast and wish you much success in this brand new, exciting year and decade.
• Get in Touch With Cyd Foote!
• How to Nail Your Medical School Interviews, a webinar
• Get Accepted to Med School with Low Stats, a webinar
• Activity Descriptions for Med School: 4 Questions That Will Make Yours Awesome
• Accepted’s Medical Admissions Consulting
• Doctor, Mother, SMILE Score Creator
• Writing for Medical School: Personal Statements, Activities, and Secondaries
• Kaiser Medical School: State-of-the-Art, Patient-Focused, and Free
• Apply at Your Best: Advice from a Med School Admissions Expert