Thanks for joining me for the 527th episode of Admissions Straight Talk.
Are you applying to a program that requires a situational judgment test (SJT)? Currently, many top med schools require applicants to submit scores from the Casper, an online, open-response SJT offered by Acuity Insights.
This week, we are airing an encore of a popular and timely episode: Casper, A Situational Judgment Test: All You Need to Know.
At Accepted we have fielded many questions from med school applicants.
- How is something as subjective as judgment graded?
- Do med schools receive the raw score?
- What is the difference between Casper and DUET, another offering from Acuity Insights?
- Does Casper complement or replace existing aptitude tests?
In this episode, Dr. Kelly Dore, Co-Founder & VP of Science and Innovation at Acuity Insights and Adjunct Professor at McMaster University provides answers to all these questions and more. A video recording of the interview with Dr. Dore is also available on Accepted’s YouTube channel. Don’t forget to subscribe to Admissions Straight Talk wherever you get your favorite podcasts because we have an exciting summer line up of interesting guests coming up this summer.
- Casper Test
- The Computer-Based Assessment for Sampling Personal Characteristics (CASPer)
- Situational Judgement Test (SJT): Everything You Need to Know
- Med School Acceptance Calculator
- Get Accepted to the Michigan State’s MD Program – Episode 522
- Rejection and Reapplication: How to Respond – Episode 523
- Get Accepted to the Medical College of Wisconsin – Episode 511
- MD/PA/NP/DO/DDS/MPH: What Do They Require? – Episode 499
- Active Learning and Admissions at UVM’s Larner College of Medicine – Episode 494
- What was it like to be an ER doctor at the beginning of COVID? – Episode 493
- An Inside Look at The Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine – Episode 482
- Deep Dive into Penn Perelman School of Medicine: An Interview with Dr. Neha Vapiwala, Dean for Admissions – Episode 455