Are you planning to apply to med school this cycle? You can have a significant head start on your competition by beginning the application process now. Below are a few easy things you can already do to help ensure you get accepted:
- Easy & Early Tip #1: Volunteer!
Med schools are definitely looking for students who will take advantage of the resources available to give back to their communities. Look for opportunities where you can spend a considerable amount of time with people and have a measurable impact. This is an important part of the AMCAS application.
- Easy & Early Tip #2: Don’t give up on your grades.
Even if you have made some mistakes early in your college career, schools are looking for people with an upward trend in their GPAs. Those grades still matter! You can always point out to the admissions committee that you took care to address and improve on your academic weaknesses.
- Easy & Early Tip #3: Reflect on your strengths and weaknesses.
A great deal of the med school application process requires you to think about where you are strong and where you can improve. Take a look at the AMCAS application and begin cataloging your accomplishments.
- Easy & Early Tip #4: Reach out to people who will be good recommenders.
The best letters of recommendation come from people who know you well. Take some time to get to know your professors who teach classes where you are excelling. Ask them about their current research. Spend some time getting to know them and letting them get to know you.
- Easy & Early Tip #5: Do your research.
Start researching schools, including their requirements and profiles. Reach out to current and former students and speak with them. Get a good idea of which schools are the best fit for you.
The earlier you start on your journey to medical school, the better your chances are of getting accepted to medical school. And we can help! Check out our Medical School Admissions Consulting Services and jumpstart your application efforts today!Want an admissions expert help you get accepted? Click here to get in touch!
• Navigate the Med School Maze, a free guide
• Apply at Your Best: Advice from a Med School Admissions Expert, a podcast episode
• What do the Medical School Admissions Teams Say About Admissions?