Click here to listen to the recording of our conversation with the CBS admissions team – although they sound more like a family- and find out what the masterminds who shape the MBA class have to say about the admissions process and Columbia B-School.
00:03:18 – Meet the Columbia Business School Admission Team and hear why they love their jobs!
00:08:00 – An overview of the 2-year MBA Program at Columbia.
00:11:04 – What the J-Term is and who it’s for.
00:14:55 – A preview of the 2015-16 application, and what they’re looking for in this year’s essays.
00:18:07 – No longer a pilot program: No-consignor loans available for international students.
00:20:58 – Why apply early decision.
00:24:13 – The journey of a submitted CBS application.
00:27:07 – The format and purpose of a CBS interview.
00:30:00 – Great features of CBS that the adcom members wish prospective students would know about.
00:36:47 – Suggestions for waitlisted applicants.
00:39:44 – Rejection does happen. What next?
00:44:27 – Ingredients of a successful application.
00:48:38 – The most common MBA application mistake. (But you won’t do this, right?)
*Theme music is courtesy of podcastthemes.com
• Columbia MBA Admissions
• Columbia J-Term
• Columbia JTerm app to be Released Early
• Experiences & Advice from Columbia MBA Student Kendall Miller
• Columbia 2016 MBA Essay Tips and Deadlines
• Get Accepted to Columbia Business School – free webinar
• Making International Student Loans a Prime Investment
• The Facts About Financial Services
• Exploring the Part-Time MBA Options at NYU Stern
• At the Nexus of Business & Law: Penn/Wharton’s JD/MBA
• Bruce DelMonico on The Yale School of Management
Last updated on