Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Android | Stitcher | TuneIn
If Columbia Business School is the name you doodle on back of your notebooks, then you’ll want to get to know the folks who hold the key to acceptance.
Click here to listen to the recording of our conversation with the CBS admissions team – although they sound more like a family- and find out what the masterminds who shape the MBA class have to say about the admissions process and Columbia B-School.
00:03:18 – Meet the Columbia Business School Admission Team and hear why they love their jobs!
00:08:00 – An overview of the 2-year MBA Program at Columbia.
00:11:04 – What the J-Term is and who it’s for.
00:14:55 – A preview of the 2015-16 application, and what they’re looking for in this year’s essays.
00:18:07 – No longer a pilot program: No-consignor loans available for international students.
00:20:58 – Why apply early decision.
00:24:13 – The journey of a submitted CBS application.
00:27:07 – The format and purpose of a CBS interview.
00:30:00 – Great features of CBS that the adcom members wish prospective students would know about.
00:36:47 – Suggestions for waitlisted applicants.
00:39:44 – Rejection does happen. What next?
00:44:27 – Ingredients of a successful application.
00:48:38 – The most common MBA application mistake. (But you won’t do this, right?)
*Theme music is courtesy of podcastthemes.com
• Columbia MBA Admissions
• Columbia J-Term
• Columbia JTerm app to be Released Early
• Experiences & Advice from Columbia MBA Student Kendall Miller
• Columbia 2016 MBA Essay Tips and Deadlines
• Get Accepted to Columbia Business School – free webinar
• Making International Student Loans a Prime Investment
• The Facts About Financial Services
• Exploring the Part-Time MBA Options at NYU Stern
• At the Nexus of Business & Law: Penn/Wharton’s JD/MBA
• Bruce DelMonico on The Yale School of Management