Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Android | Stitcher | TuneIn
Trying to figure out if grad school will pay off? How much you’ll earn with your career of choice? Which graduate program will position you to for the best payoff?
If so, tune in to our conversation with Lydia Frank of PayScale to find out how to get the stats and info that you need to make an informed financial decision.
00:03:11 – PayScale: who they are and what they do.
00:04:35 – The College Salary Report (and the recent inclusion of grad school data).
00:05:53 – How PayScale collects data (and why you should complete their survey, too!).
00:09:13 – Helpful resources for folks in the research stage.
00:12:47 – What surprises people about the PayScale survey results.
00:16:46 – Different uses for the (many!) resources at PayScale.
00:24:28 – New data we’ll be seeing in the future reports.
00:29:03 – Accounting for the opportunity cost of education in the salary report. (Yes, they do.)
00:30:28 – Advice from Lydia for balancing what you love with what pays.
*Theme music is courtesy of podcastthemes.com.
• Which Grad Schools Produce the Highest Earners?
• Lifetime Earnings by Degree & Major
• Social Mobility Index
• Career Direction: It’s Ok to Love Your Job!
• How to Become a Management Consultant
• The Facts About Financial Services
• Is a PhD a Good Idea?
• Which Schools are Good for PE/VC and VC-Backed Entrepreneurship
• Interview with Anna Runyan of Classy Career Girl
Leave a Review for Admissions Straight Talk: