If so, tune in to our conversation with Lydia Frank of PayScale to find out how to get the stats and info that you need to make an informed financial decision.
00:03:11 – PayScale: who they are and what they do.
00:04:35 – The College Salary Report (and the recent inclusion of grad school data).
00:05:53 – How PayScale collects data (and why you should complete their survey, too!).
00:09:13 – Helpful resources for folks in the research stage.
00:12:47 – What surprises people about the PayScale survey results.
00:16:46 – Different uses for the (many!) resources at PayScale.
00:24:28 – New data we’ll be seeing in the future reports.
00:29:03 – Accounting for the opportunity cost of education in the salary report. (Yes, they do.)
00:30:28 – Advice from Lydia for balancing what you love with what pays.
*Theme music is courtesy of podcastthemes.com.
• Career Direction: It’s Ok to Love Your Job!
• How to Become a Management Consultant
• The Facts About Financial Services
• Is a PhD a Good Idea?
• Which Schools are Good for PE/VC and VC-Backed Entrepreneurship
• Interview with Anna Runyan of Classy Career Girl
Leave a Review for Admissions Straight Talk: