Think a low MCAT score means medical school is out of the picture? Not for Student Dr. Diva.
Listen to our conversation with the pink and glitter-loving tomboy with determination and resilience that is nothing short of awe-inspiring. If you are a pre-med, current student, graduate, or even none of the above, you won’t want to miss this interview.
00:01:57 – Everything happens for a reason: Dr. Diva’s introduction to osteopathic medicine.
00:04:53 – The Rural Health Initiative Program.
00:07:37 – Challenges faced by physicians in rural medicine.
00:09:00 – The secret of getting into med school with a 19 MCAT score!
00:10:30 – Overcoming a series of painful tragedies and obstacles to become a successful med student.
00:16:54 – The best thing about medical school.
00:19:19 – Finding time for life.
00:20:49 – What the future holds for Dr. Diva.
00:21:46 – What the diva doesn’t like about med school.
00:23:28 – Do what makes you happy! [Even if it isn’t medical research! Really.]
*Theme music is courtesy of podcastthemes.com.
• Elliptical, Meet Med School: Interview with Andrea Tooley
• Insights, Advice and Experiences of a Non-Traditional Med Student
• An Inside Look at the Medical School Journey
• Medical School Admissions 2015-2016: A Dean’s Perspective
• Getting Into Medical School: Advice from a Pro
• MCAT Scores, MCAT Prep, and #MCAT2015
Last updated on