If you dream of entrepreneurship, tune in to our conversation with Jeff Reid, Director of the Georgetown Entrepreneurship Initiative. Listen to the full recording to get the lowdown on the program as well as great info, insights and advice for entrepreneurs.
00:01:52 – Meet Jeff Reid, Director of the Georgetown Entrepreneurship Initiative.
00:02:51 – The Entrepreneurship Initiative at Georgetown University: What is and how it works.
00:04:16 – Why universities struggle with entrepreneurship. (Do you know what the opposite of an entrepreneur is?)
00:07:54 – Location, location, location. Entrepreneurial culture thrives alongside the government presence of DC.
00:15:28 – More on “the power of entrepreneurial communities and networks to create social value.”
00:19:51 – What is the Entrepreneurship Initiative doing for MBA students? (Classes, competitions, mentorship, internships, and more)
00:21:46 – Not just for business students: law and med students join the bandwagon.
00:23:36 – Do you advise students to work for someone else before starting their own ventures?
00:25:04 – The most important quality for future entrepreneurs to develop.
00:27:14 – Important courses for the entrepreneurially inclined.
00:28:19 – Are entrepreneurs at a disadvantage when applying to b-school because lower salaries reduce rankings?
*Theme music is courtesy of podcastthemes.com.
Show Note Links:
- Georgetown Entrepreneurship Initiative
- Georgetown McDonough MBA Essay Tips & Deadlines [2020 – 2021]
- Accepted’s MBA Admissions Consulting Services
- All About Becoming a Georgetown McDonough MBA
- What’s New at MIT Sloan’s Competitive Full-Time MBA
- All About Georgetown’s New Master of Science in Business Analytics Program
- MBA Life at UC Berkeley Haas, From Its New Executive Director of Admissions
- All About the Kellogg MBAi, for Students Passionate About Business and Technology
- What Prospective MBAs Should Know About Applying to Michigan Ross