Want to know more? Listen to the full recording of our talk with Allison, Founder/CEO of Mom Corps and champion of the Flexibility Movement.
00:01:31 – Introducing Allison O’Kelly and Mom Corps.
00:04:13 – The value of the “traditional route” of spending a few years in the workforce before launching a startup.
00:05:41 – How an I-don’t-know-what-I-want-to-do-with-my-life moment shaped Allison’s future.
00:07:27 – Pros and cons of “staffing up” your small business.
00:10:37 – How helpful is b-school for an entrepreneur?
00:16:10 – What people simply get wrong about Harvard Business School.
00:17:46 –The “flexibility movement” – beneficial for employers and employees.
00:20:52 – Want to join the flex movement? Here’s what you need to do.
00:24:23 – Thoughts on enhancing your profile for HBS admissions.
00:26:56 – Advice for future entrepreneurs. (And a word to those who “don’t have it in their blood.”)
00:29:14 – What the future holds for Mom Corps.
*Theme music is courtesy of podcastthemes.com.
• Entrepreneurship at Stanford GSB: Carlypso Drives Down the Startup Street
• Making International Student Loans a Prime Investment
• Entrepreneurship at UCLA Anderson
• Valentine’s Day, Economics, and Stanford GSB
• MBAs Across America: Entrepreneurs with a Heart
• Life as an HBS MBA Student
• MBA Search: Matchmaking for MBAs and Businesses