Listen to the recording of our conversation with Ben Faw, West Point grad and veteran, Harvard MBA and author of the hugely popular article “What my MBA at Harvard did NOT teach me,” for an inside look into HBS and some very refreshing views and advice about life and b-school, and applying for your MBA.
00:03:07 – Breaking some stereotypes about the HBS experience on LinkedIn.
00:06:58 – A 2-year transformation at Harvard Business School.
00:11:39 – Stepping out of the comfort zone: The best part of being at HBS.
00:14:43 – What can be improved at HBS.
00:17:44 – A word about gender issues.
00:20:06 – A New Way to Start a Day. This is worth a try!
00:25:05 –The challenges and advantages of coming to b-school from the military.
00:28:10 – Post-grad plans at LinkedIn.
00:31:02 – Inspired Reading: Making an impact on the lives of children.
00:34:42 – What Ben wishes he had known 3 years ago.
00:37:25 – Excellent advice for business school applicants.
*Theme music is courtesy of podcastthemes.com.
• MBA Admissions A-Z: 26 Great Tips
• MBA Admission for Smarties
• The Accepted Guide to Getting into Harvard Business School
• What my MBA at Harvard did NOT teach me, Ben’s article
• A New Way to Start Each Day
• The Speaking Story
• Inspired Reading
• MBAs Across America: Entrepreneurs with a Heart
• Case Interview Secrets and More with Victor Cheng
• How to Become a Management Consultant
• Business, Law and Beyond: An Interview with John Engelman
• Which Graduate Schools Should You Apply to?
Subscribe to Admissions Straight Talk: