Enter, Dr. Lina Mehta, Associate Dean for Admissions at Case Western Reserve University College of Medicine, with good news: You can get accepted to med school.
Listen to our advice-packed interview for important tips for applicants at all stages of the medical school admissions process, a word of encouragement, and an inside look at Case Western.
00:02:15 – How Dr. Mehta got involved in admissions and what her job entails.
00:04:16 – The New MCAT’s impact on med school admissions.
00:05:26 – The value (and definition) of “applying early.”
00:09:00 – Is it too late for a student taking the MCAT in July/August to realistically apply to med school this year?
00:11:33 – Whom the adcom is hoping to meet in a personal statement.
00:13:15 – Case Western’s 4 Themes and what they mean for applicants.
00:17:38 – Understanding the “leadership and civic professionalism” themes as Case Western School of Medicine.
00:19:27 – How secondary are secondary essays?
00:20:57 – The true goal of a med school interview.
00:22:30 – If only premeds would understand…. (about med school in general and Case Western Reserve specifically).
00:24:16 – Still on the waitlist: Should a student reapply or wait to hear back?
00:26:12 – Factors that could cause a competitive applicant to be rejected.
00:27:58 – Advice for freshman & sophomore premeds.
*Theme music is courtesy of podcastthemes.com.
• Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine Admissions
• Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine
• Create a Winning AMCAS Application: Medical School Admissions Webinar
• Navigating the Med School Maze, tips to help you apply successfully to medical school.
• A Second Chance at Medical School: The A-Z of Applying to Postbac Programs
• Medical School Reapplicant Advice: 6 Tips for Success
• Medical School Admissions 2015-2016: A Dean’s Perspective
• Admissions Straight Talk: All Things Postbac
• A Window into the World and Life of Medical Scribes
• Elliptical, Meet Med School: Interview with Andrea Tooley
• Overcoming the Odds: A Story of Med School Inspiration
Last updated on