For more than 25 years, Accepted has been committed to helping our clients succeed in achieving their educational and career goals. Primarily, we have done this through our top-notch admissions consulting, but when we believe our clients can benefit from complementary services, we have suggested those services to them. Now, we have another such opportunity that we are excited to share with you.
Many international clients who are not native English speakers require some coaching in English language skills to perform optimally as grad school applicants, but these services might involve a class here, a tutor there–nothing that was “one-stop shopping.”
This is why we were so pleased to discover B-Speak! English, the only English-language program created for international applicants to U.S. business graduate programs. Initially designed for international students at Darden in 2014, the coaches at B-Speak! English help clients strengthen the skills they will need most when applying to business/graduate school applicants around the world. These include: building confidence, storytelling and interview prep, improving spoken and written English (grammar, pronunciation), and building vocabulary and everyday, conversational English abilities.
B-Speak! not only partners with top business schools as their students prepare for the challenges of the graduate school classroom, but also works with individuals applying to schools – or to their dream jobs.
How does B-Speak! English help international applicants?
- Know Your English: Coaches help you understand your strengths and weaknesses in English speaking and writing so that you have a roadmap for improvement.
- Targeted Training: Coaching sessions and self-study target the areas identified in the assessment as (weak links?) red flags, including pronunciation and intonation corrections, fixing frequent grammar mistakes, improving the ability to be understood, and more.
- Interview Preparation: During mock interviews, coaches guide you with improved pronunciation and intonation, storytelling, how to ask questions and sound more natural when speaking. B-Speak coaches will work in tandem with your Accepted consultant to make sure they cover all the bases.
Our partnership with B-Speak! English will entitle our clients to discounted rates – another great benefit to working with Accepted. It’s never too early to bolster your English communication skills, and if grad school applications are on the horizon, why not check out B-Speak! English’s services right now?
Together, Accepted and B-Speak! help international applicants present their best selves to their top schools!
What B-Speak! clients say:
“My instructor is very professional. My ultimate goal is to improve my speaking skills during interviews. The coaching sessions indeed have proven to be very valuable for my ultimate goal.”
– Jinkai Liu, Admitted to Duke-Fuqua
“The lessons are great…I wish I’d started them in the summer. I highly recommend B-Speak! I feel much more confident about my English, thanks to these lessons.”
– Lior Pardess, admitted to Duke-Fuqua
“I was able to land a full-time job after several B-Speak! coaching sessions. I would say that B-Speak is not just an English language coaching session. It is about how you can better understand business culture and the MBA life in the American or global context. I think that international students should consider B-Speak coaching before MBA because it will help them to better understand the American culture, to learn what they will expect in business school and to get better prepared for the upcoming MBA life.”
– Yuan W., Darden MBA graduate
”I had a great experience at B-Speak! My teacher was awesome! It was very personalized to my needs. I’ve been studying English for 22 years, and this one was, by far, my best experience.”
– Mariano S. admitted to Darden.
“B-Speak! is an English course that is very relevant for MBA students looking to improve their communication or written skills for any business needs, whether it is for interviewing or school. I think there are a lot of English courses out there, but there are not many with coaches who understand the life of an MBA student, the challenges they are facing, and their priorities. I would say B-Speak! is one of those that can accommodate our needs exactly.”
– Nydia Tumalewa, admitted to Darden MBA.