Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Android | Stitcher | TuneIn
A physician shortage looms large. Enter Dr. Maurizio Trevisan and the Sophie Davis School of Biomedical Education, the newest accredited medical school in the United States.
Listen to the show to find out how the City College of New York medical school is simultaneously paving the path to primary care for “unevenly educated students” and changing the status quo for medically underserved communities.
00:01:47 – History of The Sophie Davis School and its evolution into a med school.
00:03:13 – About the BS/MD program.
00:05:58 – Why a 7-year curriculum is critical for Sophie Davis’s mission.
00:07:15 – Taking chances, supporting students and bringing diversity to the medical profession.
00:14:20 – What pushed the program to get accreditation and what the future holds.
00:17:25 – Alums making the school proud.
00:19:29 – Advice for financially or academically challenged med school hopefuls.
*Theme music is courtesy of podcastthemes.com
• Sophie Davis School of Biomedical Education
• Are You Cut Out for a Combined BS/MD Program?
• New CUNY School of Medicine accredited
• The Doctor As Renaissance Man
• Baylor College Of Medicine: A Holistic Approach To Admissions
• Attn Med Applicants: A Class Is Matriculated Every Single Year
• Medical School Admissions 2015-2016: A Dean’s Perspective
Leave a Review for Admissions Straight Talk: