Listen to the recording of our interview to be inspired by this current medical student who is also the founder and editor-in-chief of an online magazine for med school students, Medstro Medical Student Ambassador, and somehow juggles a host of other roles while preparing to apply to residency programs.
00:02:16 – Regrets about choosing the BS/MBA/MD path.
00:04:16 – The case for a non-brand name education.
00:06:35 – What Ajay likes most about medical school.
00:08:29 – Best tip for premeds: Step out of your comfort zone!
00:10:30 – Glimpse into the activities of an “entrepreneur, medical student activist, and aspiring physician-journalist.”
00:16:10 – The trick to having time for everything.
00:17:22 – In-Training: what it is and who writes it.
00:19:10 – How Medstro and In-Training differ from SDN.
00:23:51 – Last piece of advice for med students and premeds.
*Theme music is courtesy of podcastthemes.com
• Ajay’s website
• In – Training
• BS/MBA/MD Student Interview with Ajay Major
• Getting Ready for Residency: IV with a Med Student on the Way to Mayo
• Writing Secondary Essays that Get You Accepted [webinar]
• Elliptical, Meet Med School: Interview with Andrea Tooley
• Overcoming The Odds: A Story Of Med School Inspiration
• Baylor College Of Medicine: A Holistic Approach To Admissions
• Attn Med Applicants: A Class Is Matriculated Every Single Year
• Medical School Admissions 2015-2016: A Dean’s Perspective
Leave a Review for Admissions Straight Talk: