Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Android | Stitcher | TuneIn
Ajay Major is a fourth year medical student who has accomplished an amazing amount while pursuing a combined BS/MBA/MD program. Look at all those letters that will soon follow his name!
Listen to the recording of our interview to be inspired by this current medical student who is also the founder and editor-in-chief of an online magazine for med school students, Medstro Medical Student Ambassador, and somehow juggles a host of other roles while preparing to apply to residency programs.
00:02:16 – Regrets about choosing the BS/MBA/MD path.
00:04:16 – The case for a non-brand name education.
00:06:35 – What Ajay likes most about medical school.
00:08:29 – Best tip for premeds: Step out of your comfort zone!
00:10:30 – Glimpse into the activities of an “entrepreneur, medical student activist, and aspiring physician-journalist.”
00:16:10 – The trick to having time for everything.
00:17:22 – In-Training: what it is and who writes it.
00:19:10 – How Medstro and In-Training differ from SDN.
00:23:51 – Last piece of advice for med students and premeds.
*Theme music is courtesy of podcastthemes.com
• Ajay’s website
• In – Training
• BS/MBA/MD Student Interview with Ajay Major
• Getting Ready for Residency: IV with a Med Student on the Way to Mayo
• Writing Secondary Essays that Get You Accepted [webinar]
• Elliptical, Meet Med School: Interview with Andrea Tooley
• Overcoming The Odds: A Story Of Med School Inspiration
• Baylor College Of Medicine: A Holistic Approach To Admissions
• Attn Med Applicants: A Class Is Matriculated Every Single Year
• Medical School Admissions 2015-2016: A Dean’s Perspective
Leave a Review for Admissions Straight Talk: