After years of premed preparation, you’re almost ready to take a huge step along your med school journey: submitting your AMCAS application. (Deep breath!) It’s exciting, but also stressful: you know the competition is intense, so your application needs to represent you as effectively as possible. Does it?
One of the challenges of this final stretch of the AMCAS process is the time pressure: it is important to submit your application early in the process. If you wait too long, even if your stats are amazing, you’ll have hurt your admission chances, since schools will have fewer interview invitations and seats available.
On the other hand, you need to submit the best possible application in the window you have. If there are gaps or inconsistencies, or if you haven’t dug deep to explain the significance of your experiences, or if you have errors in your application, you can harm your chances. And no one wants to be rejected.
We know that this can be nerve-wracking. We’ve helped thousands of people just like you finish this process successfully, polish the app in time to submit, and get accepted. Here are a few tips for your application review:
1. Carefully review every part of your application. Double check for factual errors (including mistakes in your titles and hours in your activities).
2. Review carefully for typos and other careless errors.
3. Reread your essay. It is helpful to have someone else read it, as well. Does it represent you effectively? Does it say something meaningful about you?
If you would like to have a professional review your application, check out our Application Final Check service. We’ll review your app and show you where it needs to be improved, or let you know that it’s ready to go. If there are areas where your application needs some work, it’s much better to find that out before you submit than to learn it only months later, when you’re waiting anxiously for an interview invitation that will never come.
Get the peace of mind that comes from a strong final review – then submit a stellar AMCAS and move on confidently to the next stage of your medical journey!
• Ace the AMCAS Essay, a free guide
• The 5 Step Guide to Successful Medical School Personal Statements, a webinar
• WHAT Should You Include in Your AMCAS Essay?