Listen to the full recording of this excellent episode to learn concrete steps you can take right now to ensure that your essays are working for –and not against –you.
00:01:22 – The three goals of an application essay and how to make sure your essays realize them.
00:02:55 – Is your resume hiding you? (The mistake of friends’ children & children’s friends.)
00:05:24 – How to evaluate each of your essays individually: Know if you need to rewrite before you submit, not after you are rejected.
00:07:57 – You may not like this, but proofing is vital. Here are the three critical steps to proofing when you think you can’t proof anymore.
Subscribe to Admissions Straight Talk in iTunes so you don’t miss any segments! Stay in the admissions know.
*Theme music is courtesy of podcastthemes.com.
Most Popular Shows:
• MBA Video Essays: A Conversation with Rotman’s Niki da Silva
• Case Interview Secrets and More with Victor Cheng
• Dr. Douglas Stayman Shares the Scoop on Cornell Tech NYC
• Interview with SoFi Co-Founder, Daniel Macklin
• Interview with Duke Fuqua’s Sheryle Dirks