Chicago Booth has just appointed a new dean, Madhav Rajan, former senior associate dean at Stanford GSB. Rajan will take his post July 1, 2017. He will succeed Sunil Kumar who was named provost of Johns Hopkins University in July 2016.
Some of Rajan’s accomplishments and past positions include:
• Currently holds the Robert K. Jaedicke Chair in Accounting at Stanford GSB
• Served as senior associate dean for academic affairs at Stanford GSB from 2010 to 2016
• Launched joint-degree programs with Stanford’s engineering school and other initiatives that integrate the business school with the rest of the university
• Has a primary research interest in the economics-based analysis of management accounting issues
• Served as editor of The Accounting Review from 2002-2008
• Co-authored Cost Accounting: A Managerial Emphasis, a leading cost accounting textbook
• Received the David W. Hauck teaching award at UPenn Wharton in 2000
• Slated to receive the Robert T. Davis Award for lifetime service and achievement at Stanford GSB
“The values I have in research and education are deeply valued at Chicago Booth,” Rajan said. “People come here to do rigorous, empirically based research and analysis, which provides the basis for a transformative student experience and an extremely effective MBA curriculum. We have an exciting opportunity to take Booth’s deep strengths and leverage them here and around the world. I am thrilled to have the chance to be dean at what is unquestionably the greatest academic business school.”
• Bachelor’s degree – University of Madras, India
• PhD + 2 master’s degrees – Carnegie Mellon University
Learn more by visiting Chicago Booth’s press release.
For 25 years, Accepted has helped business school applicants gain acceptance to top programs. Our outstanding team of MBA admissions consultants features former business school admissions directors and professional writers who have guided our clients to admission at top MBA, EMBA, and other graduate business programs worldwide including Harvard, Stanford, Wharton, Booth, INSEAD, London Business School, and many more. Want an MBA admissions expert to help you get Accepted? Click here to get in touch!