A quick glance at Northwestern’s Kellogg School of Business: Kellogg currently ranks in fourth place as one of the best business schools (tied with MIT Sloan and Chicago Booth), according to US News & World Report (March 2012). It was ranked #4 for management.
Northwestern Kellogg Class of 2014 Stats
Some facts about Kellogg’s students:
- 5071 people applied to Kellogg in 2011-12; 477 students enrolled in the two-year MBA program. 100 enrolled in the one-year program.
- The mid-80% age range of incoming students in 2012 was 25-31.
- The mid 80% range of work experience was 3.2-7.25 years.
- The average GMAT score in 2012 was 708.
Kellogg Academics Related to Management
Students must complete a nine-course core in addition to the elective component. These courses cover all general management topics, including Leadership in Organizations, Business Strategy, Marketing Management, Statistical Methods for Management Decisions, and Operations Management.
Those interested in pursuing management at Kellogg will want to check out all of the links below.
- Accounting Information and Management
- Managerial Economics and Decisions Sciences (MEDS)
- Management and Organizations (MORS)
- Management and Strategy
Management Majors (students may choose more than one major):
- Accounting Information & Management
- Health Enterprise Management
- Human Resources Management
- Management & Organizations
- Management & Strategy
- Managerial Analytics
- Managerial Economics
- Marketing Management
- Media Management
- Operations Management
- Technology Industry Management
Managerial Research Centers at Kellogg:
- Center for Biotechnology Management
- Center for Family Enterprises
- Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science
- Center for Nonprofit Management
- Center for Operations & Supply Chain Management
- General Motors Research Center for Strategy in Management
International Opportunities for Management Students
- Global Initiatives in Management
- Student Exchange Program
- Global Speakers and Visitors
Kellogg Clubs for Management Students
- Investment Management Club
- General Management Club
- Distressed Management Club
- Media & Entertainment Club
- Operations Management Club
- Strategy & Business Development Club
- Turnaround Management Conference
Management Employment Stats at Kellogg
In 2011, 8% of Kellogg graduates accepted full-time jobs with a general management/leadership development function. The average salary for these positions in 2011 was $105,140. 3% reported jobs with business development functions and an average salary of $111.853.
Many students choose to study management because they would like to work for a management consulting firm for at least a few years after earning their MBA. In a recent Bloomberg Businessweek analysis, augmented by estimates from Poets and Quants, Kellogg came in 4th as a go-to school for McKinsey. Indeed 39% of Kellogg grads go into the consulting industry upon graduation
You can view a list of top hirers for full-time and internship positions here.
Are you applying to Northwestern’s Kellogg School of Business? Please see our Kellogg B-School Zone, Kellogg Application Packages, and Kellogg 2013 MBA Application Questions, Deadlines, Tips for more information on how Accepted.com can help you get accepted.
Accepted.com ~ Helping You Write Your Best