Listen to the full recording of our interview for excellent insights into post-bac education and admissions from the postbac guru.
00:03:21 – The journey from snail nervous system research to post-baccalaureate education.
00:08:57 – The support group model: The SFSU postbac program.
00:15:33 – Post-bac programs for career changers.
00:18:30 – Post-bac programs for academic enhancers.
00:21:50 – When is it time to actually apply to med school? (And a word about tug-of-war with parents.)
00:24:51 – The advantages of a formal postbac program.
00:29:00 – Post-bac programs come in many flavors: how to figure out which is best for you.
00:33:10 – Is there a future for postbac education online?
00:36:07 – Advice for career changers.
00:37:57 – “I study so hard, but my friends get As and I get Bs!” Sound familiar?
00:47:36 – Plan on applying to med school in June? The fastest way to medical school is slowly. A good pace can = good results.
*Theme music is courtesy of podcastthemes.com.
• A Second Chance at Medical School: The A-Z of Applying to Postbac Programs
• Navigating the Med School Maze, tips to help you apply successfully to medical school.
• Medical School Reapplicant Advice: 6 Tips for Success
• Health Professions @SFSU with info about different post-bac options.
• Dr. Barry Rothman’s Bio
• The Student Doctor Network
• AAMC Post-Bac Resources Page
• A Window into the World and Life of Medical Scribes
• MCAT Tips and Strategy: An Interview with Don Osborne
• Med School Admissions with Cyd Foote
• Med School Application Process: AMCAS, Secondaries, Interviews, Decisions & More!