Thanks to The Economist’s Which MBA? MBA Fair for this guest post.
You may already know that business school is a great opportunity to learn new skills, advance your career and increase your salary. But how do you know which business school is right for you? An online fair provides the perfect opportunity for participants to meet admissions officers, learn more about the business schools they are interested in and join webinars with MBA experts, all from the convenience of their own home or office computer.
- Prepare: Plan what you would like business schools to know about you, and do some research on the schools you want to speak with. Although you can gather everything you need to know at the fair, admissions officers will be impressed with those who have done their homework. Avoid asking questions about basic facts that can be found in school profiles.
- Prioritize: To make the most of these live events, focus on what you believe are the most important aspects of your business school experience: class size, location, team work, diversity, teaching style, student life, etc. Finding out more about these key issues will help you figure out which program most closely matches your goals and preferences.
- Leverage all opportunities: Fair attendees should make sure to leverage all opportunities available to them during the event. In addition to the information available in each school’s virtual booth, most fairs offer numerous other features. Some fairs ask schools to bring along alumni and current students who can speak to participants directly about the everyday challenges and rewards of attending their school. Some fairs also have webinars or videos offering advice on admissions and the MBA experience.
- Explore and enjoy yourself: Virtual fairs give you an unprecedented opportunity to meet admissions officers, students and alumni around the world. The knowledge you will gather at this event can help you make an informed decision on the right program for you. Make the most of your experience and above all else, enjoy it!
The Economist’s Which MBA? MBA Fair, online on September 7th and 8th, provides inside access to diverse full-time business schools from all over the world. At the fair you can:
- Talk with admissions officers, current MBA students and alumni
- View webinars and videos with advice from MBA experts
- Attend topical chat sessions about student life and special programs
- Download brochures, videos and school applications
Sign up free today!
Posted by The Economist, the authoritative source for business and financial insight and publisher of the full-time MBA ranking, Which MBA?.
Last updated on