Stephen M. Ross will donate $200 million to the University of Michigan, with $100 million going to the Stephen M. Ross School of Business and $100 million going to the athletic campus (which will be renamed the Stephen M. Ross Athletic Campus). This donation, the largest single donation ever received by U-M, will bring Ross’s total lifetime giving to over $313 million.
Some of the new plans for the Ross School of Business include:
• More gathering spaces for students, faculty, and recruiters.
• A new career and recruiting center.
• Career-oriented programs and events that connect applicants, students, and alumni.
• A space for practice-oriented research for local and global firms.
• Advanced technology in classrooms.
• Additional scholarships for Ross students.
For more info on the Ross donation please see the following two articles:
• Ross’ gift to Michigan could affect Miami stadium (Wall Street Journal)
• U-Michigan to receive $200 million from prominent real estate developer Stephen M. Ross (Michigan Ross Press Release)