The Chronicle last week updated us on the progress of 33 top universities’ billion dollar fund raising campaigns.
Here are some highlights:
- The schools collectively raised $540.6 million in November 2009.
- Cornell University raised the most that month, at $88.8 million. The University of California at Berkeley and The University of Cincinnati came in second and third place for the most money collected November 2009 at $85.4 million and $85.3 million, respectively.
- On December 31, 2009, Dartmouth successfully wrapped up its campaign by raising a total $1.308 billion, exceeding its goal by $8 million.
- As of September 30, Columbia University had collected $1.521 billion of its 2015 $3 billion goal.
- Stanford University hit (and exceeded) its $4.3 billion goal on August 31, 2009—one and half years ahead of schedule.
- Other schools that have already hit their $1+ billion goals include The University of Notre Dame and Brown University.
Accepted.com ~ Helping You Write Your Best