An optimistic article on the Berkeley Haas website discusses the strong hiring market for its most recent graduating class.
Here are some stats from the report:
• 95% of the class reported that they received job offers by or within three months of graduation – this is the same as last year.
• The average salary for the class of 2013 increased from $116,045 last year to $117,735 this year.
• The median salary increased from $115,000 last year to $120,000 this year.
• The top three hiring firms, McKinsey, BCG, and Deloitte, hired 23% of the class.
• One-third of the class took positions at tech companies like Google and Autodesk.
• 18% of the class went into finance.
• 11% of the 2013 class took positions in the energy industry, up from 7.5% in 2012.
See the Berkeley Hass article “Hiring Market Strong, Salaries Up for the MBA Class of 2013” for more info.