In “New Horizons for MBAs”, the Financial Times, reports that many MBA students are looking outside of traditional “MBA jobs” for work. Due to the current recession, job opportunities in financial services and investment banks are far more limited and MBAs are looking to use their skills in other fields.
Some interesting job recruitment statistics from around the world:
- The number of job offers in the U.S. is down 10-20%.
- At CEIBS in Shanghai, 40% of students had signed offers at this time last year, compared to 27% this year.
- At HBS, job postings are down by 25%; 77% of the 2009 class still have job offers.
- At Chicago Booth, approximately 66% of students have job offers, down from 70% last year.
- At INSEAD, asking alumni about MBA-appropriate job vacancies, produced 200 job postings.
Last updated on