Let’s see what’s going on in the pre-med world, or at least around Accepted that is of interest to pre-meds.
- Early-Bird Special. Start your AMCAS essay now. Finish your AMCAS essay soon. Submit your AMCAS essay early. And save 10% off all Accepted medical essay editing during the month of May. Just enter “MEDSPECIAL” at checkout.
- Birthday Med Ebook Sale. May 9-13 In honor of my birthday, I am giving you all 50% off all Accepted’s medical school and post-medical school admissions ebooks including:
- Submit a Stellar Application: 42 Terrific Tips to Help You Get Accepted: Discover practical, hands-on advice to help you complete your applications and get accepted, with a collection of the best of O&E tips.
- The Nine Mistakes You Don’t Want to Make on a Medical School Waitlist: Learn how to avoid the mistakes that doom so many on a med school waitlist and make the right moves that increase your chances of acceptance.
- Write Your Way to a Residency Match: Submit an application that’s a hit with the residency admissions staff. This succinct ebook provides sample documents and tips galore to make your residency application shine.
- Write Your Way to a Fellowship Match: Discover how to avoid the common mistakes and make the right moves that can propel you to a prize fellowship match.
- AAMC’s Biometric Identity Verification Service. AAMC announced this week that starting in late June it will launch its biometric ID verification service at ten schools with the intention of offering it to all members the following year. The service will ensure that the person who took the MCAT is the person who interviews and the person who shows up to class.
- May 14: AAMC says that the 2009 AMCAS application will be available on or around May 14. That’s Wednesday.
- May 15: If you have been accepted by more than one school, you must inform both the school you plan to attend and those you intend to jilt in writing of your decision by May 15.