- Strengthening the general management framework at Haas.
- More leadership training, specifically at the beginning of the program.
- An expanded international component.
- A new experiential learning initiative for the second half of the program.
- BusinessWeek interviewed Stanford’s Director of Admissions Derrick Bolton. The interview is worth reading, but I thought his answer when asked about Stanford’s culture is most revealing:
“You really do get a feel for Stanford when you’re walking around the campus, but I’m not nearly eloquent enough to put that into words. I think a key factor is that it is an other-oriented community; people really do look out for each other. Students look out for classmates to ensure that classmates are succeeding academically and professionally. Our faculty looks out for each other and for students as well. It’s that kind of culture.”