Accepted offers MBA applicants so many forms of assistance, I thought it would be a good idea to review what we have for MBA applicants at different stages in the process.
For Round 1 applicants: Hopefully you are almost finished now with your MBA essays and soon will receive MBA interview invitations. You may want to consider a round 2 application to a safety school, especially if you do not soon receive one. But for now, let’s assume that you will be one of the lucky ones, meeting with alumni in your city or jetting off to top b-school campuses for interviews.
November will be MBA Interview Month at Accepted. You will hear more about it when November dawns, but here is a preview of what’s available and coming:
- MBA Interview Preparation and Mock Interviews.
- MBA I.V.: Mainline to Top MBA Programs, by Maxx Duffy and myself. This is Accepted’s newest ebook.
- MBA Interview Feedback Database, thousands of interview reports from the last ten years at over 100 MBA programs. We are already receiving reports for this year. Take advantage of this free resource and please share your experience after you interview. As one recent MBA interviewee put it in his recent report on an MIT interview, " accepted.com helped me a lot to prepare for the interview."
- MBA Interview Email Course. This free, 5-part course teaches you the must-knows and nice-to-knows before your interview.
- MBA Admissions Interview Events. Accepted is hosting a chat with Thomas Caleel focused on Wharton’s MBA interview on November 15 and a teleconference on MBA Interviews with my co-author and former HBS adcom member Maxx Duffy and former Ross adcom member Inge Miller on November 28 . Stay tuned for details about the teleconference.
For Round 2 applicants, Accepted offers a rich menu of MBA application advising and editing:
- Comprehensive application packages for individual applications including advising, essay editing, interview prep, and a resume edit.
- MBA Essay Packages.
- Review and Editing.
- MBA Admissions Bookstore. Currently The Consultant’s Guide to MBA Admissions is our featured ebook and is 20% off. But wander our stacks; you will find ebook, books, and CD’s that will help you present yourself at your best throughout the MBA admissions process.
- Five Fatal Flaws in MBA Essays. If you want to avoid them, sign up for this free, email course.
And whether you are a Round 1 or Round 2 applicant, please accept my invitation to:
- MBA Admissions Chats. Accepted hosts 1-2 admissions chats almost every week from September through January. If you can attend, participating in a chat is an easy way to ask questions and learn about your target programs. If you cannot attend, review the transcripts. If you don’t want to miss any future events, please sign up for our MBA events email list.
- Beautiful B-School Photo Contest. Just for fun. We conceived it last year and we had such a good time that we decided to do it again. It’s easy too. When you visit business schools that are listed on our MBA Zone page, just take pictures and submit them. You will be eligible for prizes including a $200 Amazon Gift Certificate — if you submit pictures as good as last year’s winners. For details please see the rules page.
Last updated on