Numbers in MBA-dom are going sky high. First The Economic Times reports that MBA salaries are going through the roof, along with recruiting pressure at top MBA programs.
A few highlights from this article:
- Average total compensation packages for last year: HBS – $186,174; Stanford – $183,000; Columbia – $169,194; Wharton $167, 607
- Wall St. recruiting became so frenzied last year that top schools like Wharton began to limit the number of events big banks could host.
- Schools are anticipating even higher compensation packages this year.
Not surprisingly, considering these salaries, GMAT registration and testing volume are also heading north, promising MBA applicants another competitive year next year.
- GMAT registration increased 7.5% this year over last year’s registration for the first two months of 2006. Non-US registration increased 14.8%.
- GMAT registration worldwide, in the US, and outside the US is at its highest level in four years for the first two months of the those calendar years.
- GMAT testing volume soared in the first two months of this year when compared to last year, but I think that increase reflects a drop in test-taking during the first two months of last year after GMAC switched vendors.
- GMAT test-taking worldwide during the first two months of 2007 is at the highest level for the comparable period in the last four years.
Accepted is going to help you prepare for a hotly competitive 2008 application season with another MBA Admissions Telethon™.
We will host the next 2008 MBA Admissions Telethon on Thursday April 26 at 10:00 AM PT/1:00 PM ET/5:00 PM GMT. The telethon will last two hours, and anyone who gets through will have fifteen minutes to ask their most critical admissions questions. (And readers of this blog are the first to know because the web page hasn’t even been updated yet.)
Participants in February’s Telethon were most appreciative of the input they received from Accepted’s MBA admissions experts. If you couldn’t join us then, take advantage of this opportunity to discuss your most pressing MBA admissions issues – at no charge.
Just register on the 2008 MBA Admissions Telethon page, follow the instructions you will receive via email, and call us on April 26. And yes, it really is free.
Last updated on