Much is happening on Accepted and in the MBA admissions world these days. Here goes:
- Birthday Ebook Sale. May 9-13 In honor of my birthday, I am giving you all 50% off all MBA admissions ebooks including:
Best Practices for MBA Admissions: Take advantage of the super advice captured in this transcript of a one-of-a-kind teleseminar. Find out what are the 4 Pillars of a Successful Application, and most importantly, discover the concrete steps you can take to strengthen your pillars.
MBA BlastOff: 45 Terrific Tips to Launch Your MBA Application to Acceptance: Learn how to create a winning MBA application package including advice on writing your application, crafting your resume, working with recommenders, and preparing for your interview.
The Consultant’s Guide to MBA Admissions: Invest in the one resource written for YOU. Transform yourself from “just another consultant” into a distinctive, exciting prospect. Learn to mine your experiences and project the qualities schools value. This ebook has sample HBS essays.
The Finance Professional’s Guide to MBA Admissions: If you are in investment banking, corporate finance, venture capital, or any financially related field that sends oodles of applicants to top business schools, this ebook can teach you how to distinguish yourself from your competition and improve your chances of admissions.
The Techie’s Guide to MBA Admissions: Attention Techies: Are you afraid of being just another IT applicant. If so, The Techie’s Guide to MBA Admissions is for you! Learn how to highlight your individuality and unique qualifications to create a distinct, exciting MBA application.
MBA I.V.: Mainline to Top MBA Programs — MBA Interview Questions and Tips: Invest in an ebook that provides the questions that have been frequently asked during recent MBA admission interviews at the top business schools as well as the advice you need to prepare for your interview. Exactly the information you need to ace your interview.
The Nine Mistakes You Don’t Want to Make on an MBA Waitlist: Discover how to avoid the mistakes that doom so many on an MBA waitlist and make the right moves that increase your chances of acceptance.
Create a Better Sequel: Reapply Right to B-School: Determine what went wrong and how to change the outcome. Get the information you need to navigate the MBA admissions maze and transform those thin rejections into fat acceptances. Buy this 28-page ebook today to propel your reapplication.
- MBA Admissions Telethon on Tuesday May 13 at 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM PT/1:00 PM – 3:00 PM ET (5:00 PM – 7:00 PM GMT). Sign up for FREE 15-minute consultations. Ask your most important MBA application questions.
- IMD admission chat with Janet Shaner, IMD’s Director of MBA Marketing, and with an IMD participant. They will participate in this online chat where you can learn more about IMD’s outstanding, international MBA program.
- Best of Blogging 2007-08 Winners. Congratulations to winners of Clear Admit’s Best of Blogging contest. And thank you to Clear Admit for inviting me to be a judge. It was fun, but surprisingly difficult to evaluate and rank them.
- Chicago GSB‘s monthly admissions newsletter has two timely articles: “Stay Engaged this Summer,” on using the summer months to prepare for fall applications, and “Getting the Most Out of Your Campus Visit.” For more on these topics, please see “Visiting Schools: Myths and Reality” and Best Practices for MBA Admission.
- MBAPodcaster’s last two segments are winners. Check out “One Year MBA Programs,” which focuses on Cornell‘s, Kellogg‘s, and USC IBEAR’s one-year MBA programs, and “Business School Admission’s Panel: Top Schools Answer Your Application Questions,” which presents admissions directors from Columbia, NYU Stern, and Wharton discussing their respective admissions processes. If you are interested in any of these programs, you owe it to yourself to either listen to the podcast or read the transcript.