- Get to Know Top B-Schools at The MBA Tour 2012 Conferences in DC, NY & SF- Boost your knowledge of top MBA programs to better determine your fit when you participate in panels, school presentations, and an MBA fair. Benefit from meeting admissions directors, alumni, and other experts in the industry. The MBA Tour 2012 events are free. Register now at TheMBATour.com.
- Professors are Lowering Expectations- Bloomberg BusinessWeek looks at the 2011 National Survey of Student Engagement, which shows that undergraduate business students focus less on their classes than their counterparts in other disciplines. As a result, business professors have started lowering their expectations and spending less time preparing their classes. The report feels that undergraduate business students may do less work because they have come to the major “by default.” BusinessWeek’s proof is that at top-ranked selective programs the students work longer hours because they are more dedicated.
- UCLA Anderson Goes Paperless- UCLA Anderson School of Management has begun solely using IPADs to evaluate applications to its full-time MBA program. They have started using technology due to the 20% increase in application volume, which the school believes is a result of the changes it has made to its core curriculum and Anderson’s focused outreach.
- The Year for MBAs, A Retrospective- Bloomberg BusinessWeek looks at the top 10 b-school stories of 2011, providing an overview of MBA news from the past year. With the job market improving, out-of-the-box career paths becoming more common and schools clamping down on plagiarism, it has been a good year all around. Yet, schools and students still battle financial struggles, high tuition costs and reductions in state aid. To keep their heads above water, b-schools are offering more courses in entrepreneurship and giving the b-school experience a “head-to-toe” makeover.
- Are Alumni Really Being Rejected? – Linda Abraham shares on Accepted’s Google+ page her take on the Wall Street Journal article about b-schools rejecting their alumni. To give you a hint, it just might have something to do with the fact that alumni used to do more of the interviewing.
- ISB Changes Application Deadline- The Indian School of Business announced that its new application deadline is February 1st. For those of you frantically working on your application, you just got a little more time.
Last updated on