- TopMBA Connect 1-2-1 Events Coming to You- Connect 1-2-1 is a free event that offers MBA applicants the opportunity to learn about a range of top business schools and helps you decide what schools are right for you. The Connect 1-2-1 events are coming to New York, this Saturday, November 19 and Washington DC next week. They also have many international events coming up as well so check the website to find out when a Connect 1-2-1 event is coming to a city near you!
- Australian Schools Struggle to Get International Students- The New York Times looks at the problem Australian business schools are facing as their international student numbers shrink by 20%. The Australian government announced that it is responding to the issue by changing its student visa program, streamlining visa processing and having more flexible rules to address students’ financial problems.
- MLT MBA Prep Registration Still Opened!- Management Leadership for Tomorrow (MLT)’s MBA Prep program is still accepting applications for its 2013 class of fellows. The 18-month program helps African American, Hispanic, and Native American young professionals through the difficult b-school application process with one-on-one coaching, application and recruiting roadmaps, and a lifelong alumni network. Apply today!
- $150 Million Gift to Stanford’s GSB- BusinessWeek announced that an MBA alumnus donated $100 million to Stanford’s Graduate School of Business to be used towards developing new entrepreneurial ventures to end poverty in developing countries. The money, along with an additional $50 million in matching funds, will support the new Stanford Institute for Innovation in Developing Economies.
- Duke Fuqua School of Business Starts a New MMS Program in UAE – Duke Fuqua School of Business is launching a new part-time Masters in Management Studies: Finance program in the United Arab Emirates. This is the newest example of how MMS programs are expanding in regions outside of Europe. The program’s goal is to help working professionals in the financial industry by providing them with a strong management foundation.
Accepted.com ~ Helping You Write Your Best