Here’s what’s going on:
- MIT Sloan Q&A. MIT Sloan launches this years series of chats for Accepted. We will host Jennifer Burke Barba, MIT Sloan’s Assistant Director of MBA Admissions, and other members of the MIT team on Wednesday August 12 10:00 AM PT/1:00 PM ET/ 5:00 PM GMT. This is a great opportunity for you to interact with MIT Sloan and get answers to your questions.
- Tuck Alumni Generosity Tuck has been justifiably proud of its alumni’s extraordinary level of giving. This month it announced that the recessions has not affected their loyalty or generosity. Sixty-five percent of alumni participated in the recently ended Tuck Annual Giving campaign. That is the highest participation of any business school. According to Tuck, “Recent media articles report no other business school above 50 percent participation in annual giving.” Go Tuck!
- New PT program for Ross. Ross is expanding its part-time MBA offerings with a weekend program. Starting in May 2010,
- Trends in MBA Admissions — white paper from Veritas Prep. Veritas Prep has authored a white paper based on a survey it did of admissions officers at the top 30 (per BW) business schools. There are a number of fascinating results on trends in admissions (including increased use of consultants), common applicant mistakes, and important elements in application evaluation. Highly recommended. While I would have liked to know how many admissions officers actually responded to the survey, kudos to Veritas Prep for developing the survey, collecting the results, and publishing the paper.
- Chicago Connect. Chicago Booth has developed a “new portal that is driven by student interest” according to Rose Martinelli, Booth’s Associate Dean, Student Recruitment & Admissions. Chicago Connect provides more advice on applying and opportunities for interaction. It just requires that you fill out a simple form. Check it out.
Last updated on