Oh there’s a lot going on!
- The Jan. 18 Insead MBA Admissions Chat Transcript has been posted. An excerpt:
jerry (Jan 18, 2007 11:06:58 AM)
Caroline: Also, how often do you get recruiters coming to INSEAD recruiting for jobs in the middle east?
CarolineDiarteEdwardsINSEAD (Jan 18, 2007 11:08:36 AM)
Jerry: many of our recruiters are looking to hire graduates for offices around the world, including the Middle East. We have just had a record number of recruiters coming to campus to recruit the Dec graduates – about 130 companies. [Emphasis added]
- The MBA Admissions Feedback DataBase has received thorough and comprehensive entries recently. I urge you to explore this enhanced resource to prepare for your interviews. As one MBA Interviewee wrote in his or her feedback, “Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.” Don’t memorize answers or prepared speeches, but do learn what to expect from your interview in the MBAIFDB. And after you interview, please share your MBA interview experience.
- We’ve got… Honorable Mentions in the Beautful B-school Photo Contest. The winners are enjoying their soft, comfy winners t-shirts. All Honorable Mentions receive one and are automatically eligible to one of the following prizes:
Second Prize $100 Amazon Gift Certificate
Third Prize $ 50 Amazon Gift Certificate
The good and bad news in this situation is that those of you entering your photos in the contest no longer have a 100% chance of winning one of the three prizes listed above. The odds are declining — slightly . But your chance of winning is still excellent. Plus all Honorable Mention photos appear in our B-School zones pages . Check out Anderson, CMU, Ross, and Wharton to see the photos submitted so far.
- MBA’s in Education. The Monroe St. Journal, the Ross student newspaper, has an excellent article on MBA’s pursuing careers in education. Although the focus is clearly on what Michigan with its joint education MA/MBA program offers, “Want some real work experience? Try Public Education” is valuable for anyone interested in using an MBA in education.
- Yale’s new Admissions Director, Bruce DelMonico, was interviewed recently on Businessweek. He discusses Yale’s new curriculum, shrinking class size, increase in application volume (“up between a third and half” for round 1), international component, increasingly practical focus, and the Silver Scholars Program. You will need a subscription to see the entire interview, but it is worthwhile if you are interested in Yale.
Last updated on