For the rest of you, though, this week’s guest Adeel Yang is about to rescue you from monotonous memorization and the tedious evil of exam prep.
Listen to Linda’s conversation with the co-founder and president of Picmonic, the visual learning community, and it won’t be long before you are asking yourself “How could I have studied any other way?”
1:52 – Introducing Picmonic and the story of how it came to be.
6:20 – How Picmonic can help Low Stat Pat (or you) increase scores.
8:12 – Who the program is for.
8:55 – Overview of a Picmonic user experience.
10:35 – Bonding over test prep: Picmonic’s social community.
11:40 – Research shows that these techniques will improve your memory retention and test scores. Take it from nerdy med students.
14:13 – The students who make Adeel proud.
15:55 – How a guy with so many interests juggled it all in med school! (And what’s next on the agenda)
19:03 – Was med school worth it for this entrepreneur?
20:59 – What does the future hold for Picmonic?
*Theme music is courtesy of podcastthemes.com
• The Doctor As Renaissance Man
• Medical School Admissions 2015-2016: A Dean’s Perspective
• Getting Into Medical School: Advice from a Pro
• Elliptical, Meet Med School: Interview with Andrea Tooley
• Jon Medved & OurCrowd: The Remarkable Story of an Entrepreneur
• A Wharton Grad Rids the World of Bank Fees