Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Android | Stitcher | TuneIn
If you love studying and spending endless hours pouring over textbooks gives you a thrill, then this episode will be sure to disappoint.
For the rest of you, though, this week’s guest Adeel Yang is about to rescue you from monotonous memorization and the tedious evil of exam prep.
Listen to Linda’s conversation with the co-founder and president of Picmonic, the visual learning community, and it won’t be long before you are asking yourself “How could I have studied any other way?”
1:52 – Introducing Picmonic and the story of how it came to be.
6:20 – How Picmonic can help Low Stat Pat (or you) increase scores.
8:12 – Who the program is for.
8:55 – Overview of a Picmonic user experience.
10:35 – Bonding over test prep: Picmonic’s social community.
11:40 – Research shows that these techniques will improve your memory retention and test scores. Take it from nerdy med students.
14:13 – The students who make Adeel proud.
15:55 – How a guy with so many interests juggled it all in med school! (And what’s next on the agenda)
19:03 – Was med school worth it for this entrepreneur?
20:59 – What does the future hold for Picmonic?
*Theme music is courtesy of podcastthemes.com
- Picmonic YouTube Channe
- Moonwalking with Einstein by Joshua Foer
- MCAT Veteran Teaches You How to Prepare for Your Test
- Advice for the MCAT from an MCAT Expert
- An Accepted Student’s Advice for Reapplying to Medical School
- Is a Postbac Program Right for You?
- Application Trends to Watch in 2021, and a Look Back at 2020
- Med School Admissions Veteran Shares Her Experience: How to Get In
- Apply at Your Best: Advice from a Med School Admissions Expert