Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Android | Stitcher | TuneIn
If you were to ask a senior executive at American Express for his best career advice, what would he answer?
Listen to our interview with Tom Schick, recently retired Executive VP of Communications at American Express, for the keys to corporate success and invaluable advice for young financial services professionals.
2:00 – From untenured NYU professor with an uncertain future to VP at Amex.
5:58 – Demonstrating the company’s commitment to meet the expectations of the 4th constituency: The accomplishment that Tom is most proud of.
15:34 – The skills financial services employers are looking for (and the most common complaint from employers).
20:23 – How to rise to the senior ranks of a corporation.
25:47 – Tom’s 3 tips for a successful corporate career.
30:55 – Recommended reading for young professionals.
32:16 – Back to NYU Stern as a practitioner to share real world knowledge.
34:55 – Final advice: Integrity and success.
*Theme music is courtesy of podcastthemes.com
• An Unexpected Encounter: Tom Schick – IRC Voices
• NYU Stern MBA Program
• Where Business and Law Meet: Interview with John Engelman
• Venture For America: Champion Of U.S. Entrepreneurship
• Jon Medved & OurCrowd: The Remarkable Story of an Entrepreneur
• Masters in Finance: What You Need to Know
• The Facts About Financial Services
Leave a Review for Admissions Straight Talk: