Listen to our interview with Tom Schick, recently retired Executive VP of Communications at American Express, for the keys to corporate success and invaluable advice for young financial services professionals.
2:00 – From untenured NYU professor with an uncertain future to VP at Amex.
5:58 – Demonstrating the company’s commitment to meet the expectations of the 4th constituency: The accomplishment that Tom is most proud of.
15:34 – The skills financial services employers are looking for (and the most common complaint from employers).
20:23 – How to rise to the senior ranks of a corporation.
25:47 – Tom’s 3 tips for a successful corporate career.
30:55 – Recommended reading for young professionals.
32:16 – Back to NYU Stern as a practitioner to share real world knowledge.
34:55 – Final advice: Integrity and success.
*Theme music is courtesy of podcastthemes.com
• Where Business and Law Meet: Interview with John Engelman
• Venture For America: Champion Of U.S. Entrepreneurship
• Jon Medved & OurCrowd: The Remarkable Story of an Entrepreneur
• Masters in Finance: What You Need to Know
• The Facts About Financial Services
Leave a Review for Admissions Straight Talk:
Last updated on