The CollegeJounal provides a worthwhile summary of job trends in "Where Starting Pay Is Richest for New Grads." Nothing new or startling, but still worth knowing if you are choosing professional directions. A few highlights:
- This is a great year to be graduating and looking for that first job.
- Starting pay is up 4-6% in finance and technical sectors.
- Average starting salary for an accountant with a newly-minted, four-year bachelor’s degree is $46,000+.
- The highest paying field is aerospace.
- Salaries for liberal arts graduates — in fields such as sociology, psychology, English and government — in the past year have remained essentially flat and are significantly lower than those in the hot technical and business fields.
Last updated on