Harvard Business School’s 2009 deadlines, essay and recommendation questions are now available on the HBS web site. The essay questions are:
Application Submission Notification Date
Round 1 October 15, 2008 January 21, 2009
Round 2 January 6, 2009 April 2, 2009
Round 3 March 11, 2009 May 13, 2009
All applicants must submit answers to four essay questions. The first two questions are required of all applicants. The remaining two essays may be in response to your choice of the next four sub-questions.
Joint program applicants for the Harvard Medical School, Harvard Law School, and Kennedy School of Government must provide an additional essay.
- What are your three most substantial accomplishments and why do you view them as such? (600-word limit)
- What have you learned from a mistake? (400-word limit)
- Please respond to two of the following (400-word limit each):
- What would you like the MBA Admissions Board to know about your undergraduate academic experience?
- Discuss how you have engaged with a community or organization.
- What area of the world are you most curious about and why?
- What is your career vision and why is this choice meaningful to you?
Joint degree applicants:
- How do you expect the joint degree experience to benefit you on both a professional and a personal level? (400-word limit)
I’ll post tips in the not-too-distant future. Let the season begin!
Last updated on