The Haas School Newsroom released its new strategic plan last week. The plan focuses on redefining the role of the business leader. This area of the site is definitely worth a visit if you’re interested in a Haas MBA, and I recommend the short videos with Dean Lyons. In your essays and interviews, when you are striving to show fit, it is mandatory to understand the school’s values and mission.
The Haas innovative leaders are forward thinking and include “men and women who drive growth by putting new ideas to work and who do so responsibly.” Such businesspeople will be shaped by Hass’ distinctive culture and by the experiences mined in such a culture.
The strategic plan embodies the following four defining principles that differentiate the Haas School culture:
- Questioning the status quo.
- Having confidence without attitude.
- Students always. Commitment to life-long study.
- A sense of stewardship.
The plan’s three areas of strategic focus are:
- Redefine the role and identity of the business.
- Realize the potential of the Haas School’s intellectual future.
- Transform the school’s campus.
Other goals include increasing the focus on teamwork and broadening global interaction.
Related Accepted.com Resource:
- UC Berkeley Haas B-School Zone
- “The Elusive Fit Factor”
- “Fit Factor #2”
- “Assessing Fit for a Particular School”
Accepted.com ~ Helping You Write Your Best
Last updated on