Here are some highlights from the New York Law Journal article, “Board of Law Examiners Releases February Results”:
• The exam was taken by 4,032 candidates.
• Among the first-time test takers who graduated from New York law schools, there was a 69% pass rate, a drop from last February’s pass rate and last July’s 88% pass rate (in general July pass rates are higher than February pass rates). Of the 4,032 test takers, less than 300 were graduates of New York schools.
• Of those first-time candidates who graduated from American Bar Association-accredited law schools, the pass rate was 74% (compared to last February’s 75% and last July’s 86%).
• The pass rate for all test takers (first time and repeat candidates from the U.S. and abroad) was 47%, a drop from last February’s 50% rate.
• 44% of test takers were international candidates – their pass rate was 30% in February 2014, compared to 37% last July.