Conclusion: You’re aiming for Harvard, but worried about low stats. And you’re writing your application essay.
However, Accepted’s most visited pages aren’t even articles. They are sample essays.
Those Sweet Sample Essays
1. Most popular medical school AMCAS essay: The Story
2. Most popular sample college personal statement: While the World Sleeps
3. Most popular sample grad statement of purpose: MPH Essay
5. Most popular sample MBA essay: Goals Essay
Speaking of goals, I wanted to grow Admissions Straight Talk, Accepted’s podcast, this year. Thanks to you, my listeners, and to the wonderful guests whom I’ve been privileged to talk to, it has busted through every goal I had for it. Thank you for listening! And thanks to the remarkable guests who did most of the talking.
The Most Popular Podcasts in 2014
1. GMAT, GRE, SAT, and All Things Test Prep with Magoosh’s CEO and founder, Bhavin Parikh.
2. Waitlisted! What Now? in which I discuss what to do when waitlisted.
3. Is a Ph.D. a Good Idea? with Dr. Karen Kelsky of The Professor is In.
4. The Stanford MSx Program for Experienced Leaders with program director, Mike Hochleutner.
5. What You Need to Know About Post-bac Programs with Dr. Barry Rothman, medical post-bac expert extraordinaire.
6. A bonus: How to Become a Management Consultant with Michael Boricki, currently Managing Partner of Firmsconsulting.
The Greatest Free Admissions Guides of 2014
Now that I’ve revealed your favorites, I’ll tell you a few of mine as I review 2014 and prepare for 2015:
5. The increasing dialogue taking place on this blog. I’m particularly appreciative that the conversation is civil, cordial, and collaborative.
4. The guests who have contributed to this blog, Admissions Straight Talk, and our webinars. What wonderful people have taken the time to share their insights and experience with us all!
3. The people behind the scenes who make this site and this company work: Rachel, Miriam, Sara, Michal, Yael, Sarah, and Lisa.
2. Accepted’s consultants, who generously share their admissions savvy on this site and tirelessly and expertly guide Accepted’s clients.
1. You – our clients, readers, fans, listeners, video viewers, participants, questioners, and commenters. In short, the Accepted community.
Best wishes for a happy, healthy, and prosperous 2015.
A year filled with “Yes! I’m in!”
By Linda Abraham, president and founder of Accepted.com and co-author of the definitive book on MBA admissions, MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools.