Lots of changes in the testing world, and ETS didn’t want to leave out the GRE. In addition to the changes discussed on the ETS site, The Chronicle of Higher Education reports that the GRE will change in the following ways:
- The GRE will be longer: Currently 2.5 hours; it will be at least four hours.
- ETS will replace the current computer-adaptive test format with a linear testing model.
- The traditional 200-to-800-point scale will be replaced with one ranging from 120 to 170.
- Instead of offering the test continuously, it will be given 30 times a year.
- Each test-taker will receive the same test at a given administration and that test will only be used for that administration.
- "New sample questions will be available on the ETS Web site by the end of this month, and the revamped exam will be offered for the first time in October 2006."
Last updated on